Mortgage Loan Officer
FNB Bank, Inc.
Company Overview:FNB Bank is one of the oldest community banks in the state of Kentucky with eight banking centers in four Western Kentucky counties. FNB offers a fun working environment with a competitive salary and a full range of benefits. Being locally owned and operated provides excellent opportunities for professional growth FNB is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status.
Responsible for originating conventional residential mortgage loans and other Government loan programs, including but not limited to FHA/VA, Rural Housing. Participate in related business development activities. Develop and maintain a loan portfolio and ensure that the credits are of the highest quality, fully documented and in compliance with all related laws and regulations as well as the Bank's lending policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with Realtors, builders, developers and referrals from clients.
- Interview applicants to obtain information concerning their needs, desires, and eligibility to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk;
- Obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of the loan with mortgagors.
- Comply with all BSA requirements and complete appropriate documentation.
- Close approved loans, assuring the completeness of the required documents and its compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Monitor loan exceptions and delinquencies and take appropriate action to cure any deficiencies
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
- Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Participate in and support community and professional organizations, which will contribute to personal growth and effectively promote the image of the Bank.
- Cross-sell other bank services.
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or directed.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of two years mortgage lending experience with active NMLS number.
- The position requires extensive interaction with external contacts (potential and existing customers, Realtors, etc.), as well as internal contacts (other bank personnel).
- General knowledge of personal computers and software programs utilized by the Residential Mortgage Department.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA/VA regulations, conventional loan requirements, and real estate law.
- Proven sales ability.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all income levels and peers in a professional manner. Demonstrated ability to work independently and to follow through on details to completion.
To Apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and complete an application online at FNB Recruiting.
FNB is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status.
101 E. Broadway
Mayfield, KY 42066