Regional Procurement Manager
Company Overview:GenCanna Global, Inc., headquartered in Winchester, KY, is an agricultural business company focused on growing and processing industrial hemp crops to produce quality food ingredients. Agriculture, innovation, wellness and social responsibility combine to form the roots of our corporate culture. As part of the GenCanna team, our employees experience much more than a rewarding career. In addition to working in an environment that nurtures professional development, our employees participate in personal growth through philanthropic initiatives and community engagement.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time Regional Procurement Manager at Western Kentucky location. This position is to provide routine and non-routine Purchasing and Receiving services to the organization. The position is responsible for quoting, purchasing and receiving materials, parts, supplies and equipment for the organization. These tasks must be completed in a timely and cost effective manner, while maintaining appropriate quality standards.
- Evaluate preferred vendor lists and identify new supply sources, as needed
- Negotiate pricing of component parts
- Secure competitive quotes from multiple vendors on a job by job basis
- Prepare purchase orders, including verifying approval and scheduling deliveries
- Place purchase orders with vendors
- Review and contact vendors in regards to status of orders
- Track and monitor purchase orders, keeping informed of any problems/delays. Communicate any impacts/constraints to appropriate department.
- Receiving duties: Physical inventory of deliveries
- Receiving duties: Audit of items received against packing slips, purchase orders and internal RFP's
- Receiving duties: Release audited deliveries to appropriate department
- Data entry of order receipts
- Arrange for disposal, storage or return of surplus materials
- Process vendor returns, including receipt of RMA documentation and preparation of items for shipment.
- Perform daily reporting
- Maintain computerized or hard copy procurement records, such as items, purchases, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Establishes and monitor Purchasing policies and procedures
- Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance issues pertaining to suppliers, users and others, to determine source of issue and determine resolution
- Contribute to the performance of the company by lowering material cost and improving supply quality at all levels.
- Work closely with suppliers to assure a positive and professional relationship, always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Provide backup coverage for other members of administrative team
- Performs other tasks, as assigned.
Other Expectations: Ability to multi-task on a consistent basis Ability to maintain organization in a high-volume processing department Ability to perform scheduled and non-scheduled tasks in which tasks are time sensitive Ability and willingness to deliver high volume, highly accurate work product in a timely, organized, detailed and effective manner Ability to read and interpret documents and carry out instructions in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standard and non-standard situations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively/efficiently manage vendors. Minimum Qualifications 2-5+ years related experience Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Possess a professional and reliable demeanor. Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
To Apply for this position:
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position. Apply at https://gencanna.com/careers/
3155 State Route 45 North
Mayfield, KY 42066