Production - Hourly
Company Overview:For over six decades, Pilgrim's has produced healthy, high-quality food products that go into some of the worlds finest recipes. Working with approximately over 4,000 family farms throughout the U.S. and Mexico, we are dedicated to providing these wholesome, high-quality products at a great value. As the second-largest chicken producer in the world Pilgrim's has the capacity to process more than 34 million birds per week for a total of more than over 10 billion pounds of live chicken annually. With corporate headquarters located in Greeley, Colorado, we have operations in 14 U.S. states as well as in Mexico and Puerto Rico. We are committed to the 40,000 plus team members who work with us to provide products to foodservice, retail and frozen entr?e customers. The company's primary distribution is through retailers, foodservice distributors and restaurants as well as through the export of chicken products to customers all over the world. Pilgrim's Pride is a part of the JBS USA family. JBS S.A., the world's largest protein company, owns 78.5% of our outstanding common stock.
Day Shift Production
Monday - Friday with overtime on Saturdays if business needs require it.
8:00 am start time - end of shift varies day to day from around 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm based on production needs.
Night Shift Production
Sunday Night - Thursday Night, work out Friday morning.
10:00 pm - 8:00 am
Mandatory overtime when production needs increase.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred, but not required.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.
Compensation: Up to $16 an hour
To Apply for this position:
You may apply in Person, Monday through Friday from 9am-3pm, OR online at
2653 State Route 1241
Hickory, KY 42051