Parts & Inventory Lead
Company Overview:GenCanna Global, Inc., headquartered in Winchester, KY, is an agricultural business company focused on growing and processing industrial hemp crops to produce quality food ingredients. Agriculture, innovation, wellness and social responsibility combine to form the roots of our corporate culture. As part of the GenCanna team, our employees experience much more than a rewarding career. In addition to working in an environment that nurtures professional development, our employees participate in personal growth through philanthropic initiatives and community engagement.
Parts and Inventory Clerk responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up and maintain stock levels for repair/maintenance parts, including descriptions, pricing, stock, and location for all repair parts.
- Contact vendors as needed to obtain price quotes, follow up on parts orders, and set up service requests.
- Perform inventory cycle counts regularly and create reports as requested for Plant Management, analyzing parts usage and noting relevant trends in the data.
- Receive and transfer parts between facilities, making sure to track all parts entering and leaving MRO room.
- Assist in planning work projects for the Maintenance Department, including creating work orders, writing process descriptions, and calling vendors to obtain price quotes.
- Order office, safety, and production equipment as needed.
- Pick up particular parts and items when needed immediately to avoid downtime.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow GenCanna safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Other Expectations
- Possess knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Able to communicate complex information effectively to other employees.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively to diagnose mechanical issues.
- Know how to use basic computer programs, especially Microsoft Office.
- Know how to manage other employees and resolve issues between employees that may arise.
- Able to strictly follow any and all safety procedures and policies in place.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Know how to operate industrial-size equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
Physical Requirements Employees will at times have to lift items weighing upwards of 60 lbs. Most physical activity will consist of standing/walking during the day, working on various machines, and sitting at a desk only occasionally. The use of stairs/ladders is common in performing certain maintenance or retrieving certain tools or parts. Maintenance on some machines will require bending, stooping, or crawling. Preferred Qualifications High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Minimum of 10 years in maintenance-related field; food experience preferred.
To Apply for this position:
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position. Apply at https://gencanna.com/careers
3155 State Route 45 North
Mayfield, KY 42066