Company Overview:GenCanna Global, Inc., headquartered in Winchester, KY, is an agricultural business company focused on growing and processing industrial hemp crops to produce quality food ingredients. Agriculture, innovation, wellness and social responsibility combine to form the roots of our corporate culture. As part of the GenCanna team, our employees experience much more than a rewarding career. In addition to working in an environment that nurtures professional development, our employees participate in personal growth through philanthropic initiatives and community engagement.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time IPM Specialist at our Western Kentucky location. The Integrated Pest Management Specialist will oversee the implementation and management of the Integrated Pest Management Systems. Ensuring that all processes and procedures meet and or exceed all regulatory requirements and that they are conducted in a safe and effective manner. Execute all outlined growing procedures to ensure the highest quality cuttings that meet our customers’ requirements for the products and or crops produced in West KY.
- Working knowledge of Growing ornamental crops and Integrated Pest Management best practices. Ensuring that all procedures and process meet or exceed all internal and external regulations.
- Familiarity with Pesticides and Fumigants.
- Knowledge of common Horticultural pests and their management.
- Understand basic crop requirements such as moisture, light, soil conditions and fertility.
- Understand and be familiar with Worker Protection Standards.
- Obtain Kentucky pesticide license (within 6 months of hire). Must also obtain Fumigant applicators certificate within 6 months.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor?s degree or higher in Horticulture or related field. 3 years? experience with crop growing and IPM systems and the implementation of those systems. Experience in the management and implementation of standardized Horticulture processes. Experience with the handling and application of pesticides, Bio-pesticides and be familiar with predatory control methods. Critical capabilities. Competent with MS Office Suite of programs. Able to communicate with and lead a diverse workforce.
To Apply for this position:
Apply at https://gencanna.com/careers
Hickory, KY 42051